DVD Shrink - Copy a Movie DVD to hard drive
The original movie DVDs usually comes with a copy protection mechanism (encrypted). So if you want to copy a DVD to the hard disk, to create a backup or burn it to a DVD then you must use a decryption program like DVD_Shrink. Follow these steps:
- Download DVDShrink and install it on your PC.
- Insert the movie DVD in the optical drive and launch DVD Shrink
- In DVDShrink main window, click the Open Disc button .
- In the dialog box that opens, select the drive where the DVD is and click OK.
- DVDShrink shall analyze the content of the DVD.
- Once the analysis is completed, you can choose your compression option
- Click the button Backup!
- In the window that opens, select the target folder for the extracted video and click on Accept
- The copying process shall start
- Note that the program will generate both the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS files.